Ultrasound Body Composition Assessment
What is it?
– Using the latest portable ultrasound technology from the USA we scan 1, 3 or 7 sites to measure tissue thickness & evaluate body composition
Does it hurt? Are there any risks?
– The process is completely non-invasive and an overview can be done by simply scanning your biceps. There are no health risks.
How accurate is it? Why is it better than modern scales?
– This is a clinical grade ultrasound unit. Scientific testing showed up to 25% more accuracy than high-end modern weighing scales
What do I receive at the end of the assessment?
- All clients receive a full personalised body composition assessment detailing body fat, lean muscle mass, water content, BMI & waist-hip ratio.
- A nutritional assessment outlining optimum calorie requirements
- A rating of likelihood of illness along with targeted weight loss, if appropriate
Note that this service is currently unique to Rock Mountain Fitness and Joints & Points in the North West of England
What should I bring?
- Shorts, ¾ length running tights, a t-shirt or vest, training shoes
(Changing facilities are available)
Other Services include Run, Bike & Swim Coaching
About Your Coach
Conrad Rafique qualified as a Fitness & Motivation Coach with The European Institute of Fitness based at Lillieshall National Sports Centre. He is a Master Personal Trainer & competes in duathlon, off-road trail marathons & cyclo-cross. He is an experienced PT, Running & Cycling Coach. His previous career was in Finance with Kellogg’s